Getting injured in an accident is never an event you welcome in your life. You probably haven't prepared for the overwhelming aftermath of a crash. Rely on attorney Eric Canter for clear, straightforward advice. Here are 5 questions you may want to ask, to assess where you are and what you want to do next:
1. Do you think I have a case? This is a good starting point to learn more about how the situation will unfold, if you choose to move forward with a claim. It also gives the attorney an opportunity to explain all of your options.
2. Who will I be able to talk to throughout the process? You should be able to communicate with your attorney throughout the case. Most clients do not want to be handed off to a paralegal or assistant attorney. Find out who you will be dealing with on a regular basis.
3. How long do you expect it to take? There's really no good way to predict how long your case will take to resolve, but your attorney will be able to give you a general idea based on their experience with auto cases like yours. Then you can decide if this timeline fits in with your expectations.
4. What can I do to help my case? Your attorney may want you to gather certain documents or other information as part of building your case.
5. What is your fee structure, and when will I owe payment? You have a right to know what you owe and when you will owe it. Eric Canter works on a contingent fee basis. You don't pay us anything – our payment is a percentage of any money ultimately recovered in your case. Your consultation is also free.
Ready to take the next step? Call Canter Law South Florida Injury Lawyers at 561-447-4500 for a free case evaluation. In Boca Raton and the surrounding areas, Eric Canter fights aggressively on behalf of crash victims.