Accidents involving pedestrians are all too common in Boca Raton and throughout the U.S. In fact, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, (NHTSA), reports that a pedestrian is injured in a traffic accident every 8 minutes, and one pedestrian is killed every two hours.
Every single one of us is a pedestrian who faces these troubling odds. Our attorney, Eric G. Canter, has the knowledge, training, and experience to make sure that you are fairly compensated for the damages you suffered as the result of the negligence of another in a pedestrian accident. To schedule a free case review with our attorney, please contact us today by calling 561-447-4500.
Pedestrians make up 14% of all fatalities from traffic crashes each year. While this adds up to nearly five thousand annual deaths, it is estimated that another 66,000 pedestrians are also injured each year. Catastrophic injuries are more likely in accidents involving pedestrians who have none of the protections a vehicle provides. Pedestrians are likely to face debilitating injuries like:
A Closer Look at the Statistics
Florida has the second highest number of pedestrian fatalities in the country and the second highest rate per capita as well. There are many different factors that play a part in traffic accidents involving pedestrians. The NHTSA reports on several of them in their latest Traffic Safety Facts Sheet, including:
- Environmental Factors: Nearly three quarters of all pedestrian accidents happen in urban areas, and were far more common at non-intersections.
- Time: Most pedestrian accidents happen in the hours just after dark, between about 6:00 and 9:00 p.m. (later in the summer months), with a slightly higher rate on the weekends.
- Age: One fifth of all children killed in traffic crashes were pedestrians. Seniors also face higher risks, accounting for 19% of all pedestrian fatalities. Pedestrian children face the greatest danger while traveling to and from school.
- Gender: Male pedestrians are more than twice as likely to be killed.
- Influence of Alcohol or Drugs: Alcohol was a factor in nearly half of all traffic crashes involving a pedestrian.
Schedule Your Free Pedestrian Accident Case Review Today
If you have been seriously injured as a pedestrian, or if you have lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident due to the negligence of a driver, you may be able to seek compensation. At ECanter Lawyers, our car accident attorney has the experience necessary to help you get your life back on track. Mr. Canter operates on a contingency-fee basis, so you pay nothing up front.
If you’ve been involved in a car accident involving a pedestrian, please contact ECanter Lawyers today for a free case review. You can fill out the form on this page or call us anytime at 561-447-4500. We have offices throughout South Florida, including Boca Raton, Coral Springs, West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, and Sunrise.